2/9/11

I Think Valentine's Day Is Stupid




With Valentines day coming up, there's lots of talk of candy, chocolate, flowers and presents.

A very cute idea, but stupid to say the least.
Now, I don't mean that in the bitter "I don't have a valentine and I'm jealous of the girls that do" way .... I mean that in the "you should show the people that you love, that you love them, everyday" type of way.

Last year, (with a boyfriend I should mention so I don't sound like the lonely cat lady), I decided to become anti-valentines day.
Instead of doing cliche things, we professed our love in.....different....ways. Ways that shall not be mentioned on a blog. Or ever.

This year, I'm sticking to it. In fact, Valentines day will now be the only day that I don't tell someone that I love them. Even if my parents call me, they will not get the usual "I love you" before hanging up.