9/5/11

Heroin Diaries

Nikki Sixx

The all-American Rock star, best known for his addictions and wild behavior. And the fact that he was the co-founder and bassist of Motley Crue.

Unlike the other band members, Nikki had a serious addiction to just about everything, including Heroin, the drug he describes as his one, true love.

So what does a rockstar with millions of dollars, platinum records, and a drug addiction do? Write diaries of course. Nikki used to record his life on heroin and other drugs, describing the highs and lows, the desire, the parinoia, and his struggle with his own mind.

Heroin Diaries follows the year in the life of a shattered rock star. His actual diary entries are written in black. Himself, along with his band mates and friends, such as Tommy Lee, explain to the reader what was going on during that time and what each entry is about. These reflections are written in red.

A very interesting, well-written book (especially for a guy who was so fucked up when he wrote it).

I highly recommend this book, and would like to give a big thanks to my friend C.D for lending it to me!

Heres a few quotes from the book, written while he was under the influence, to give you a small idea of what he went through:

"Sometimes I feel like I have two personalities. One is Nikki and one is...Sikki."

"There's this really funny thing about heroin... the first time you do it, you throw up, you feel so sick that you can't move. You lay on your back and your head spins and your body flips...you say to yourself, this is the stupidest drug ever. Only the dumb of the dumb would ever do it again."

"Heroin, once it became my friend, became like a warm blanket on a cold night. I don't get sick from it now - I get sick if I don't do it. Isn't it funny how that works?"