9/26/11

Dine in the Dark

Dinner Dates are so cliche - unless you're dining in the complete darkness!

I recently went on a date to a restaurant called "O.Noir" (located on Church street).
SUCH a cool experience!!

The restaurant is completely dark, and all the servers are blind!

You have to turn off your cell phone and anything that glows before entering the dining room, ensuring that it is 100% black the entire time. If you think your eyes are going to adjust - they aren't.

Of course, since there is no light allowed, you have to order your food before hand. There are several delicious options, with one of the choices being a "surprise" dish. I ordered the surprise app. and main, and to this day I'm not exactly sure what I ate!!! It was yummy though :)

When you loose one of your sense (this time, being sight), it hightens the rest of them, so you taste, smell, hear and touch differently than you normally would. Such a cool date idea, I very much recommend!

P.S I may or may have been topless the entire time... no one will ever know!! ;)